Information for the entrance examinations
Department of Electrical Engineering and Information Systems strives to foster talent that can contribute to solving global challenges and creating novel values of technology through inclusion of researchers with a wide variety of backgrounds, including electrical engineering, computer science, physics, material science, chemistry, energy/environmental engineering, control engineering, and space engineering.
In order to open the door to prospective students in a wider variety of backgrounds, Specialized Subject has been renewed significantly in FY2020.
Examinees are requested to select and answer two problems from the following.
The time of examination is 150 min for the two problems in total.
2. Electrical Circuits
3. Information (I)
4. Information (II)
5. Solid-State Physics
6. Control and Electric Energy Engineering
Keywords for each area
For the examination in FY2021, the problems will be given in English only.
However, we will underline some parts which are difficult to understand
and provide a “reference Japanese translation” as shown in the following Sample Problems “Examination in FY2020”.
Examinees may write the answers either in English or Japanese.
- Examination in FY2020 (added underlines and Japanese translation, following the FY2021 format):
- Additional Sample (without underlines and Japanese translation):
- The sample problems represent the format of the problems,
and they do not necessarily specify the level or the range of possible questions.
- The keywords represent important concepts in each area,
and they do not necessarily indicate the range of possible questions.
・Examination before FY2019 (old format)
- The style, volume, range, and level of the problems are different from the current ones.